Advancement Council (ACET)
The Advancement Council for Engineering and Technology is dedicated to help further establish the Ira A. Fulton College as a recognized center of excellence and leadership. ACET consists of successful professionals and supporters of BYU who have come together to extend the reach of the college and its students.
ACET Mission Statement
The mission of ACET is to support the college in developing men and women of faith, character and technical ability who can quickly rise to positions of responsibility within their professions. Focus areas include: global engineering, leadership and mentoring, entrepreneurship and innovation, and the recruitment and retention of women to engineering and technology disciplines. ACET provides guidance, mentoring, resources and connections to help BYU students leverage their unique qualifications and succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Current ACET members are:
- Recognized leaders in fields impacted by technology and innovation.
- Willing to assist students in mentoring, career placement and internships.
- Committed to the academic and financial growth of Brigham Young University and the Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering and Technology.
- Willing to be involved for a minimum of four years.
- Willing to attend ACET meetings annually and be involved in some element of the ACET mission.
- Examples of high moral and ethical standards.