About the College
The Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering
The Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering at Brigham Young University gives students the opportunity to leverage a technically excellent education with the leadership skills needed to take on tomorrow's greatest engineering challenges. The college prepares more than 3,400 students in 11 degree programs.
The mission of the college is:
- To develop men and women of faith, character, and technical ability who will become outstanding leaders throughout the world.
- To conduct creative work of consequence that contributes to solving the world's problems and advances engineering and technology disciplines.
- To be an influence for good in the world.
- Students understand fundamental and practical principles appropriate to their discipline and can apply these to solve open-ended problems.
- Students understand technical solutions within the context of global, societal, environmental, safety and other relevant constraints.
- Students can think critically and creatively in solving problems.
- Students have developed effective interpersonal skills.
- Students can function as a productive member or leader of a team.
- Students can articulate a vision, formulate a strategy and develop plans to accomplish project and organizational goals.
- Students understand processes by which innovation can be enhanced and have practiced these in a technical environment.
- Students are ready to guide innovative change within an organization.
- Students understand the impact of the global economy on organizations.
- Students appreciate the value and influence of culture and diversity in the operation of organizations.
- Students appreciate and are prepared to help solve global challenges such as environmental protection, population growth, clean water, alternative energy, etc.
- Students are committed to the highest standards of integrity and responsibility.
- Students understand how to apply gospel principles to ethical situations which can arise in a global, professional environment.
- Students are committed to faithfully serve society and to enhance the honor and dignity of their professions.