President Kevin J Worthen welcomed Brigham Young University faculty and staff members back to campus at the Annual University Conference on Monday, Aug. 22. The administration honored 39 outstanding employees, including seven Ira A. Fulton College faculty members.
W. Vincent Wilding, associate dean of the college and professor of chemical engineering, received the Karl G. Maeser Research and Creative Arts Award. Made possible by the Karl G. Maeser Scholarship Society, this award honors faculty members for outstanding research and creative accomplishments. Wilding leads the Thermophysical Properties Laboratory, which provides mentoring to more than 25 undergraduate and graduate students each year. He is a skilled researcher and an excellent teacher, garnering high praise and ratings from students.
Other Ira A. Fulton College faculty members honored with university awards were:
- University Professorship — Aaron R. Hawkins, electrical and computer engineering.
- Wesley P. Lloyd Award for Distinction in Graduate Education — William G. Pitt, chemical engineering.
- Phi Kappa Phi Award — Michael D. Rice, electrical and computer engineering
- Adjunct Faculty Excellence Award — Terri C. Bateman, mechanical engineering.
- Young Scholar Award — Bradley C. Bundy, chemical engineering.
- B. Keith Duffin Teaching and Learning Faculty Fellowship — Paul W. Richards, civil and environmental engineering.